Contribute to this record
Thomas Haydon, one of 160 convicts transported on the Guildford, 22 August 1823
Name, Aliases & Gender
Birth, Occupation & Death
|Date of Birth:
|Date of Death:
||10th June, 1861
life span was 61 years*
* Median life span based on contributions
Conviction & Transportation
Sentenced to 14 years
||Australian Joint Copying Project. Microfilm Roll 88, Class and Piece Number HO11/5, Page Number 89 (46)
||This record is one of the entries in the British convict transportation registers 1787-1867 database compiled by State Library of Queensland from British Home Office (HO) records which are available on microfilm as part of the Australian Joint Copying Project.
Did you find the person you were looking for?
If Thomas Haydon was the person you were looking for, you may be able to discover more about them by looking at our resources page.
If you have more hunting to do, try a new search or browse the convict records.
Jennifer Dalton-Thom on 25th February, 2013 wrote:
Married - Susan Jones (“Mary 1835 at St Mary’s Roman Catholic Church, Sydney on 27th July, 1837. Number 258 Volume 90.
Jennifer Dalton-Thom on 21st November, 2016 wrote:
THOMAS HAYDON/HEYDON//HEADON was 5ft, 6 & 1/2 inches tall with brown hair & Hazel eyes, a native of Birmingham,, Warwickshire England and, at the time of his conviction at Warwickshire Assizes on 7 August, 1822, his occupation was Coachman & Groom.
1. Portsmouth, Prison Hulk “York”, 24 September, 1822.
2. Departed England 22 August 1823.
3. Arrived Sydney “Guildford” 22 April, 1824.
4. Assigned to Lieutenant Robert Johnston, at Petersham & Annandale, NSW 1824/5.
5. 1828 Census living in Petersham, NSW
6. Married Susan Jones “Mary 5” (Mary Susan Connell)St Mary’s Catholic Church, Sydney 27 July, 1832 aged 32 & Susan was 27. Thomas was free, Susan was bond.
7. Possibly had 2 children Thomas William and Elizabeth
8. Married by rites Presbyterian Church 14 February, 1857 Ann Bellamy (nee)Batten (following death of Susan at Buckland River, VIC 17 September, 1854. Thomas’ occupation was given as Sawyer, living in Erskine Street, Sydney, NSW
9. Died 10 June, 1861 4 Bank Street, Chippendale, NSW aged 59 years and his occupation was Contractor.
9. Buried Presbyterian Burial Ground, Sydne7, NSW.
Convict Changes History
Jennifer Dalton-Thom on 21st November, 2016 made the following changes:
gender: m, occupation, crime
D Wong on 21st November, 2016 made the following changes:
date of death: 10th June, 1861 (prev. 0000)